Codes can be used to grant a user free access to a product without taking any payment details. This is useful if you are charging individual users outside of the payment providers, or if you are selling to an organisation and need to grant access to a group of their users.
Codes can be redeemed through the web checkout using a code word.
Set up your first code template
Before you can create a code, you must set up a code template. The code template determines how a code will work and allows you to set up multiple
1. Log in to the SupaPass CMS at admin.supapass.com
2. Open your channel, from the left menu under 'Commerce' click 'Codes'.
3. Click the 'Create Code Template' button.
4. Fill out the following fields:
- Description - Here you should fill in what the codes is and how it will be used for both internal and external use. In addition you can add a campaign reference if you need to look up a specific campaign later.
- Campaign Reference - you can add a campaign reference if you need to look up a specific campaign later.
Here you need to select which bundles or products the codes will give access to. The default option is 'Give access to all current and any future Stripe paid bundles', which will grant code users access to all your future paid content. If you want the option of creating a new product bundle that is not available to existing code users, tick '
Here you can set usage limits to restrict the number of times a coupon can be used in total, per user and per bundle. Leave blank to allow unlimited uses.
Set how long the code gives a user access. You can set this to be days, weeks, months or years.
Don't forget to click 'Save' once you've made your changes! You will then be taken to the code template screen where you can edit the template or create codes.
Creating a Shared Code
A shared code is an identical code that can be used by multiple people. These are useful for when a code is shared among a large group of people as part of a particular campaign, for example you could promote a code for 1 week free access called '1WEEK' and everyone that sees the promotion could use that code.
Setting up a shared code is easy, all you need to do is
- Click 'Create Shared Code'
- Enter a code
- Set a Redemption date for when the code must be used by.
- Click 'Save'
Creating a Code Batch
Code batches allow you to generate a spreadsheet with a number of unique codes. These codes have the same effect as the template (duration, bundle access etc...) but each one can only be used by one user. This is useful as it allows you to distribute one code to each user in a group and prevents them from sharing the code outside of the target group.
To create a Code Batch:
- Click 'Create Code Batch'
- Enter the number of codes you wish to generate and a redemption date
- Set redemption limits for each code
- Click 'Save + Download'
- A .csv file will download to your computer, you can download this again or generate a new batch at any time from the Code Template.
Redeeming a code
To redeem a code, the user needs to visit the checkout page of your web app and enter the code into the coupon box.
1. Click 'Have a coupon?'
2. Enter the code into the box that appears.
3. Click 'Check' to validate the code. Then register the account by adding an email address and password.
4. Click 'Register and Subscribe' to finish the process.