Table of Contents
Updated by Callum
Posting content updates to social media automatically
Social media is fantastic for increasing your reach and growing your audience. Use it to automatically drive traffic to your site, by posting to socials automatically whenever you publish new content.
- Connect your Zapier account between your site/app and social media to post automatically
- Next, here we show you how to set up the Zaps for some common social media websites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) - you can hook up to many more using Zapier integrations)
- Once those are set up you will be able to instantly send notifications out via email, social media and push notifications directly from the content form.
Set up the SupaPass Trigger
- Choose app and event: After connecting the SupaPass Zapier integration to your SupaPass account you can select the Trigger Event from the dropdown underneath in the Zapier “Zap Editor” window. Select “New Content” and then click Continue.
- Choose account: select the account you want to use. If you only have one SupaPass app there’ll only be one to choose from in the dropdown menu. If you have multiple accounts, repeat the connection steps for each of your SupaPass accounts, you can select the one you wish to use in this Zap from the list.
- Zap Name: name your Zap something sensible and related to the account you're posting to e.g. "New Content to Twitter".
- Test Trigger: Click continue, just to check everything is working. If not, check all the previous steps carefully, and if the problem persists contact us at email@example.com
Twitter: Set Up The Action to tweet
- Choose Twitter as the app
- Set the Action Event to 'Create Tweet'
- Select your Twitter account. You may need to login to your Twitter account to connect it with Zapier.
- In the Message field select "Message Body" as the data to insert. This will insert the custom message that you entered, or post a default message.
- In the Image, Video Or GIF field, select "Image Url" as the data to insert. This will insert the cover image for the content.
- Testing the trigger will post a tweet from your Twitter account. We've already tested this, so you can skip this step if you like. If you do test the post, remember to go to your profile and delete the post right away.
- Turn on the Zap.
Facebook: Set Up The Action to post to Facebook
This step requires you to have a Facebook page. For more information about marketing your business with Facebook, check out their guide to setting up Facebook Pages.
- Choose Facebook Pages as the app.
- Set the Action Event to 'Create Page Post'.
- Connect Zapier to your Facebook account if you have not done so already.
- Select the page you wish to post to.
- In the message column, select the data 'Message Body'. The message you enter on the piece of content will show here.
- For the link URL insert the 'Content Url' data. This will link to the new content in your post.
- Testing the trigger will post to your Facebook page. We've already tested this, so you can skip this step if you like. If you do test the post, remember to go to your page and delete the post right away.
- Turn on the Zap!
LinkedIn: Set Up The Action to post to LinkedIn
LinkedIn supports two slightly different posts based on whether the post is to a personal page or a company page. Once you have chosen LinkedIn as the account, select Create Share Update to share to your personal page or Create Company Update to share to your company page. The first time you create either Zap you will be prompted to login to your LinkedIn account.
Send to a personal account
- Select 'Create Share Update'.
- For the 'Comment' select the 'Message Body' data.
- Set the visibility. This can be to Anyone or Connections only.
- Enter the optional items if you wish:
- For Content Title select 'Title'
- ForContent Image URL select 'Image Url'
- For Content URL select 'Content Url'
Send to a company page
- Select 'Create Company Update'.
- Select your LinkedIn Company Page from the dropdown.
- For 'Update Content' select the 'Message Body' data.
- For Preview-URL select 'Content Url'.
- Enter the other optional fields if you wish:
- For Preview - Image select 'Image Url'
- For Preview - Title select 'Title'
- Turn on the Zap