Updated by Callum
Setting up the code template
You can use SupaPass access codes if you want to provide free access to your content to a customer without taking their payment information, if you’re charging them manually outside of Stripe or if you’re selling your content to an organization and need to give access to their members.
The code you create and provide to your customers can only be redeemed through your web checkout.
Before you create a code, you must set up a code template. The code template determines how a code will work and allows you to set up multiple codes if needed.
- Log in to your Admin Dashboard at admin.supapass.com
- Click into your Site/App
- Head to Codes (left menu in COMMERCE section)
- Click Create Code Template button.
- Fill out the following fields:
- Description - Here you should fill in what the codes is and how it will be used for both internal and external use. In addition you can add a campaign reference if you need to look up a specific campaign later.
- User facing description
- Campaign Reference - you can add a campaign reference if you need to look up a specific campaign later.
- Here you need to select which bundles or products the codes will give access to. The default option is “Give access to all current and any future Stripe paid products”, which will grant code users access to all your future paid content.
- If you want to limit the content that code users can access, choose “Give access to selected products only” and select the products they can access.
- Choose how many times can a code be used, how many times per user and per product.
- If you leave these fields blank, the usage will be unlimited.
- You can set the duration of the code to be days, months, even years.
Click save and you’re now ready to create your code.
Creating shared codes
A shared code is an identical code that can be used by multiple people. These are useful for when a code is shared among a large group of people as part of a particular campaign, for example you could promote a code for 1 week free access called '1WEEK' and everyone that sees the promotion could use that code.
Setting up a shared code is easy, all you need to do is:
- Click 'Create Shared Code'
- Enter a code
- Set a Redemption date for when the code must be used by.
- Click 'Save'
Creating a code batch
Code batches allow you to generate a spreadsheet with a number of unique codes. These codes have the same effect as the template (duration, product access etc...) but each one can only be used by one user. This is useful as it allows you to distribute one code to each user in a group and prevents them from sharing the code outside of the target group.
To create a Code Batch:
- Click 'Create Code Batch'
- Enter the number of codes you wish to generate and a redemption date
- Set redemption limits for each code
- Click 'Save + Download'
- A .csv file will download to your computer, you can download this again or generate a new batch at any time from the Code Template.