Updated by Callum
This integration also requires a Zapier account, their free tier includes 100 tasks per month and 5 zaps, this is enough for most starter use cases but you can find more about their pricing plans here.
What can I do with ConvertKit?
You can use our integration to add user information to ConvertKit's email marketing tools. ConvertKit makes it easy to design and deliver email marketing to convert your audience into customers.
Accounts you'll need
Before you start, you'll need to make sure you have the following:
- A paid SupaPass plan. If you're on the Free Website plan, contact us to discuss an upgrade!
- A Zapier account, you can start out with the free plan.
- A ConvertKit account. You'll start out on a free trial, so this is a good chance to try it out. Once the trial expired you'll need to upgrade to one of the paid plans to continue using the integration.
Once you've created your Zapier and ConvertKit accounts you'll need to do some preparation for ConvertKit to accept information from SupaPass.
Create a form in ConvertKit
ConvertKit requires you to create a form to receive subscriber information, even if you collect that information from a different source. So you'll need to create a form before setting up the integration.
- Click the 'Grow' dropdown menu, then select 'Landing Pages & Forms'.
- Click the 'Create New' button, then select the form. Follow the ConvertKit flow to customize your form, remembering to add a field for first name and any previously created custom fields (i.e. last name or username).
- Click the publish button and test the form using the hosted version found under 'Share'.
- Keep ConvertKit open so you can access the API Secret in the next steps.
Add SupaPass users to ConvertKit
Create the SupaPass Trigger
- Click 'Create Zap' to get started. Name the zap something appropriate like 'New User to ConvertKit'.
- Choose 'SupaPass' as the app and 'New User' as the Trigger Event.
- Choose your SupaPass account you want to use.If this is your first Zap using SupaPass then a window will open requesting an API key. To find the API key - login to your SupaPass dashboard, click 'Integrations' from the left-menu and then copy + paste the API key.
- Set the Zap Name and whether to receive historic data. If you already have users we recommend setting this to 'False' to save your Zap allowance and importing your user information from a spreadsheet instead.
- Test the trigger and continue.
Create the ConvertKit Action
- Choose ConvertKit as the app and 'Add Subscriber to Form' as the Action Event.
- Choose the ConvertKit account you want to use.If this is your first Zap using ConvertKit then a window will open requesting an API secret. Open the settings in your ConvertKit account, select 'Advanced' from the menu, click to reveal the secret and copy + paste the key into the window.
- Select the form you want to add subscribers to.
- For the 'Email' field, click and insert the 'Email Address' data.
- For the 'First Name' field, click and insert the 'Email Address' data.A note on custom fields: ConvertKit's doesn't support adding information to custom fields via their Zapier integration.
- Choose whether to opt in the subscriber to any sequences attached to the form.
- Test the action and continue. The test subscriber will appear in ConvertKit and can be deleted.
Unsubscribing from emails
Users can unsubscribe themselves at any time from the emails they receive, you can also manually unsubscribe them in ConvertKit. There is no option to unsubscribe via Zapier.
Deleting users & GDPR
Users have the right to request the deletion of their data. We facilitate requests to remove data from SupaPass websites and apps, but you are responsible for ensuring these requests are handled with 3rd parties. ConvertKit does not allow deletion of data via Zapier, so you must take action to delete the user.