Table of Contents
Updated by Sven
Why does the Website Builder say "Loading Preview" and not finish loading?
Listed below will be a few ways in which cookies can be blocked and how to resolve them.
If you are a Google Chrome user, you may be familiar with Incognito Mode which allows you to browse the web while preventing cookies from tracking your actions and pages visited. This is a good example of a feature that can prevent our Website Builder from communicating with SupaPass correctly and preventing it from functioning as expected.
Using the Website Builder outside of Incognito mode is recommended for this very reason, as it can cause the page to not load all the information it needs.
Browser settings blocking cookies
Browsers can have settings enabled to block cookies by default, however it is generally not recommended as it can prevent web pages from functioning as intended, including our Website Builder. We've added some instructions below on how to check these settings on popular browsers:
- Click on the button with the 3 vertical dots located at the top right of Google Chrome and select the "Settings" option from the dropdown list. (Alternately, you can type "
chrome://settings/" in the search bar and this will also lead you to the same location).
- Select "Privacy and Security" from the left side menu, then select "Cookies and other site data" from the menu in the middle.
- The setting selected in the middle of the screen should be "Block third-party cookies in incognito", if it is any of the options listed below this one then try selecting the one mentioned here.
- Click Safari> Settings for admin.supapass.com
- Untick 'Enable content blockers'
- Click on the button with the 3 horizontal lines located at the top right of Firefox and select the "Settings" option. (Alternately, type "
about:preferences" in the search bar and press enter, this will lead you to the same location).
- Select "Privacy and Security" from the menu on the left.
- Be sure to check that the option selected in the middle menu is "Standard". If your browser is set to the "Strict" option, this could prevent features of various websites from function, such as our Website Builder.
Many popular browsers allow users to install addons/plugins to help augment the user experience. Addons/plugins that block advertisements often also block some cookies, in some cases the blocking can be quite aggressive and prevent some services from working correctly. Please consider disabling the add-on for the affected web page and add the supapass domain to your addon’s “allow-list”.