Updated by Callum
The content layout has been designed to make your content shine and look gorgeous in your professional website and apps that look and feel like Netflix or Spotify. We do a lot of the heavy lifting but the most important thing you can do to wow your audience with a gorgeous content experience is…
...to create popping bright professional images for your collection covers.
This is so so important we’re going to say it again.
Spend time to include bright engaging images for your collection covers.
Here are some great examples. (screenshots of motivational life, etc - maybe even a video?)
Our best advice to get amazing images is to buy some stock images or to use a free stock image gallery. This will make ALL the difference between an ok experience and a STUNNING experience. It’s worth spending the time on this step.
Once you have amazing images, the next step is how to use our intuitive Content Layout framework to curate your content into an easy to find experience for your users.
We make it really easy to look professional, so to accelerate you straight to a Pro, here are some Top Tips:
- Don’t add just one content to a collection - Collections are meant to be a list of content to ensure you’re adding a few content pieces to each one
Collection examples: Audiobook, Playlist, TV Series, Podcast Series, Blog, Music Album, Course Module
- Don’t add just one collection to a category - Categories are meant to hold several collections (recommend between 4 and 10 is ideal) - if you only add one collection your audience has to scroll a long way down the page and only sees one collection on each line. So if you don’t have a lot of content start with just one Category until you have more content and instead use Collections for your Topics.
- Drive discovery by the images and keep your titles short, descriptive, and engaging. The images should be attention-grabbing and on-topic.
If you have lots of content the best way to help your audience find it is through visual discovery where they can swipe and scroll and the images lead them to what they are looking for within only 2-3 taps.
Recommended numbers if you have lots of content:
- Add a Category called Featured at the top, to showcase your top content and steer your audience to the content you want them to see most.
- Within the Featured Category you could include a Collection called Free where you can showcase different content from Paid Products to use them as taster hooks for the rest of the Paid Content.
- In each Category add 4-10 Collections. Make sure each collection has at least two pieces of content, and ideally at least 5 pieces of content so they don’t have to click in and out of lots of collections to view each content.
If you have lots of Products - you could name Categories the same as your Paid or Secret Products so that it’s easy for your audience to find the Content that matches the product.
Our powerful framework means you can have as many categories and collections you want and organize them in whatever way makes sense for your content: per topic, chronologically, as numbered lessons, you (literally) name it!
As your visitors browse through the content you’ve made free, they can immediately choose a piece, click and start enjoying. In the case of paid content, your cover images will show a little padlock indicating that it’s a paid product. Free content is a compelling way to pique your audience’s interest and motivate them to purchase to continue on behind the paywall.