Updated by Callum
Set up the SupaPass Trigger
- Choose app and event: Select “New Subscription” as the Trigger Event.
- Choose account: select the account you want to use.
- Set up trigger: Under the Zap Name field give your Zap a name - make it descriptive so you can find it easily in the logs inside your SupaPass account dashboard e.g. “New Subscription”
- Test Trigger: Click continue, just to check everything is working. If not, check all the previous steps carefully, and if the problem persists contact us at email@example.com
Set Up The Action To Your CRM of Choice
- Once again select the “Add/Update Subscriber in Mailchimp” (or your CRM’s equivalent), connect to your CRM account as described above.
- Set up action: Select your audience as before. The New Subscription trigger offers more fields that you could consider using as tags. Again you can see a full list under the “Custom” tab in the dropdown when clicking on the tag field.
- Select Email Address under the Subscriber Email field - it is mandatory.
- Under the Tag(s) field we recommend using these 4 fields as tags:
- Product Name
- Coupon Code
- Free TrialCoupon Code and FreeTrialApplied will only appear as tags in your CRM if the use has a code or a free trial applied to their subscription, keeping your CRM interface clutter free.
- Payment ProviderPayment Providers are coded as follows : ‘S’ = Stripe; ‘A’ = Apple, ‘G’ = Google and show you where your users made their subscription from (Web, iOS and Android apps respectively).
You do not have to assign first name or any user-related data - if the New Subscription trigger is firing, your user is already in your CRM!
When you are finished setting up the action should look like this.
Test and turn on!