Table of Contents
Updated by Callum
Before we start...
Congratulations! If you’ve followed the step by step guide, by now you’ve completed the steps for getting your site and apps ready with your content, products and design, and now it’s time to go live on your own domain!
You will need:
- A website URL you have bought from a domain host e.g. GoDaddy (you will not need website hosting with them, only domain hosting - we do the website hosting part!).
- Your login details to your domain host so that you can change one line in your DNS settings.
- A paid SupaPass plan. If you're on the free plan, you can read more about our other plans here or contact us to discuss how we can meet your needs.
Your domain options
You have three choices on where you may want to host your website:
- CUSTOM DOMAIN:
Your own website domain e.g.
- CUSTOM SUBDOMAIN:
Subdomains are a unique URL that lives on your purchased domain as an extension in front of your regular domain, e.g.
A subdomain of your existing website is great if you want your ‘SupaPass powered website’ to be the ‘Content and Members Hub’ of your main website but not the main marketing website. You may also want to set up a redirect for your www. subdomain as many people still type this despite it not being necessary in most cases.
- FREE SUPAPASS SUBDOMAIN:
A free subdomain with SupaPass, so you don’t have to buy a URL with a domain host. This is free to use and included in your service with us e.g.
Setting up a free subdomain is really easy. Check out our guide to setting up your free supapass.io website to get your website live in 10 seconds!
If you later decide you want to use a custom domain, you can set up another custom domain and redirect your supapass.io domain to it.
Setting up your own domain or subdomain
To change your website URL to an existing domain you own, or a subdomain on an existing site, you’ll need to change or add a record to your DNS settings so that they point to us.
- Log in to your domain host and navigate to the DNS settings. For some domain hosts, you may need to open the Advanced DNS Settings option.Tip: if it isn't obvious where this is, check the guides for your domain host and search for 'A record' or 'DNS'.
- Create or edit your A record and set the following:
- Complete the Name field.
- For your main domain the required value of Name could vary from provider to provider. In most cases, you would use @ or yourbrandname.com. It may also not be required, in which case it would be blank.
- If setting up a subdomain you should enter it here, for example 'www' or 'app'.
- Change the Value field to add the following IP address:
- Set the TTL (Time To Live) to as low as possible, this is usually 600 seconds.
- Complete the Name field.
- Log in to your SupaPass Admin Dashboard, go to Settings and click 'Add Domain'.
- Select 'Add Existing Domain' and enter your domain name, then click 'Connect Domain'.
- Once the TTL has been met your website should be live on your own domain! If there are issues you'll automatically receive an email from us with further information.
It is important that there is only ONE A record for your domain or subdomain. After making the new domain record, please check on the DNS settings to see that there are no conflicting records for that entry. For example:
You set up an A record for yourbrandname.com pointing to 22.214.171.124, if there is another A record for yourbrandname.com it will not work and you must delete the old record.
You should not delete the A record for your main domain if you are using a subdomain. For example:
You set up a new A record for your subdomain app.yourbrandname.com pointing to your SupaPass website, your original A record for yourbrandname.com remains unchanged and points to your main website.
If you’re unsure if things are looking right, feel free to email us a screenshot of all the records.
Once the record has been saved, you can use https://dnschecker.org/ to check if the change has been successful. You should see the results being pointed to
What about redirects?
You easily set up a redirect with us as well, we even recommend it if you are using us for your main website. Please read our article on setting up redirects.